Why become certified? You will be recognized as a leader in the field of environmental education gaining credibility for yourself and the profession. You will experience great networking opportunities, learn how to measure the success of your programs, and expand your knowledge of instructional techniques. Learn more about the value of EE certification in this article written by Brenda G. Weiser, Ed. D. "EE Certification: Why do we need it? What’s in it for me?"
Below are a description of the ATEEG Program Format, the Dates of Core Course offerings, a list of the Expectations of Participants, a list of the Core Course and Independent Study Assessments, the Costs of lodging and registration, and the Withdrawal Policy.
Participants have 3 years to complete the program and can earn 2 - Professional Learning Units (PLU) credits for each Core Course completed.
Core Course 2 (Fostering Learning) January 24-26, 2014 No registrations can be accepted after January 14, 2014.
Core Course 3 (Assessment and Evaluation) February 21-23, 2014 No registrations can be accepted after February 11, 2014.
Core Course 1 (Foundations of EE) June 27-29, 2014 No registrations can be accepted after June 17, 2014.
Core Course 2 (Fostering Learning) July 25-27, 2014 No registrations can be accepted after July 15, 2014.
Core Course 3 (Assessment and Evaluation) September 12-14, 2014 No registrations can be accepted after September 2, 2014.
Expectations of Participants:
1. Participants are required to attend and participate fully in all three Core Courses.
2. Participants must complete all assignments and score 80 percent or higher.
3. Participants are required to read and agree to the ATEEG Nondiscrimination Statement, the EEA Code of Ethics and Standard Practices for Professional Environmental Educators in Georgia and the EEA Confidentiality Agreement by signing the Policy Agreement Form when they participate in the ATEEG Program.
4. Participants are responsible for submitting all paperwork required to receive hours in fulfillment of the Specialization Coursework requirement. The forms for documentation are included here for current ATEEG participants only. Conference Form or Professional Development Course Form
5. Participants are encouraged to become active members of the Environmental Education Alliance of Georgia (EEA) and the North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE), our national EE organization.
6. Participants who complete the ATEEG Program may be asked to volunteer as a mentor for new participants entering the Program.
At the end of each Core Course, participants are expected to complete the following assessments within the specified time frame:
The application to receive one of the scholarships is simply the online registration form for the courses. All of the SEEA grant funds must be expended in the calendar year 2013. If you register and pay for all three courses in 2013, you will receive the full $140 scholarship provided that funds are still available.
If you register and pay for individual courses, the scholarship may be pro-rated per course. In this case, the reduced registration fee for Core Course 1 would be $175. Core Courses 2 and 3 would be $180 for EEA members. For non-members, the cost is $200 for Core Course 1 and $205 for Core Courses 2 and 3 which includes an EEA membership fee. Due to the documentation that is required by the grantor, you will be charged the full price of the course and then refunded the amount of the scholarship.
Course fees include all materials, supplies and meals.
The lodging cost (double occupancy) at Charlie Elliott Conference Center is $63.50 per course. A single occupancy room option is also available at $127 per course.
Funding for Professional Development may be available through GRANTS listed on EEinGeorgia.org.
Lodging and course registration costs minus a $10.00 administrative fee will be refunded if a registrant withdraws from a course prior to the course registration deadline. No refund will be given for lodging or meals; however, if a registrant withdraws after the course registration deadline. The balance of the registration fee can be applied towards a future course. Contact the Program Administrator to withdraw from a course.
Every participant must complete the proper registration form below and submit it with payment. This is an online registration form, but you will be given a choice of paying with a credit card or mailing a check. There is a $25.00 fee for returned checks. A $10.00 administrative fee is charged for refunds.
ATEEG Registration January 24-26, 2014 - Core Course 2 No registrations can be accepted after January 14, 2014.
ATEEG Registration February 21-23, 2014 - Core Course 3 No registrations can be accepted after February 11, 2014.
ATEEG Registration June 27-29, 2014 - Core Course 1 No registrations can be accepted after June 17, 2014.
ATEEG Registration July 25-27, 2014 - Core Course 2 No registrations can be accepted after July 15, 2014.
ATEEG Registration September 12-14, 2014 - Core Course 3 No registrations can be accepted after September 2, 2014.