Why become certified? You will be recognized as a leader in the field of environmental education gaining credibility for yourself and the profession. You will experience great networking opportunities, learn how to measure the success of your programs, and expand your knowledge of instructional techniques. Learn more about the value of EE certification in this article written by Brenda G. Weiser, Ed. D. "EE Certification: Why do we need it? What’s in it for me?"
Below are a description of the ATEEG Program Format, the Dates of Core Course offerings, a list of the Expectations of Participants, a list of the Core Course and Independent Study Assessments, the Costs of lodging and registration, and the Withdrawal Policy.
Participants have 3 years to complete the program and can earn 2 - Professional Learning Units (PLU) credits for each Core Course completed.
Core Course 3 (Assessment and Evaluation) September 12-14, 2014 No registrations can be accepted after September 2, 2014.
Core Course 1 (Foundations of EE) October 24-26, 2014 No registrations can be accepted after October 14, 2014.
Core Course 2 (Fostering Learning) January 23-25, 2015 No registrations can be accepted after January 13, 2015.
Core Course 3 (Assessment and Evaluation) February 27- March 1, 2015 No registrations can be accepted after February 17, 2015.
Expectations of Participants:
1. Participants are required to attend and participate fully in all three Core Courses.
2. Participants must complete all assignments by the specified deadline (usually 30 days post-course) and score 80 percent or higher.
3. Participants are required to read and agree to the ATEEG Nondiscrimination Statement, the EEA Code of Ethics and Standard Practices for Professional Environmental Educators in Georgia and the EEA Confidentiality Agreement by signing the Policy Agreement Form when they participate in the ATEEG Program.
4. Participants are responsible for submitting all paperwork required to receive hours in fulfillment of the Specialization Coursework requirement. The forms for documentation are included here for current ATEEG participants only. Webinar Form or Conference Form or Professional Development Course Form
5. Participants are required to become members of the Environmental Education Alliance of Georgia (EEA) and encouraged to join the North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE), our national EE organization.
6. Participants who complete the ATEEG Program may be asked to volunteer as a mentor for new participants entering the Program.
At the end of each Core Course, participants are expected to complete the following assessments within the specified time frame:
The application to receive one of the scholarships is simply the online registration form for the courses. Due to the documentation that is required by the grantors, participants will be charged the full price of the course and then refunded the amount of the scholarship after attending the course.
Course fees include all materials, supplies and meals.
The lodging cost (double occupancy) at Charlie Elliott Conference Center is $63.50 per course. A single occupancy room option is also available at $127 per course.
Funding for Professional Development may be available through GRANTS listed on EEinGeorgia.org.
Lodging and course registration costs minus a $10.00 administrative fee will be refunded if a registrant withdraws from a course prior to the course registration deadline. No refund will be given for lodging or meals; however, if a registrant withdraws after the course registration deadline. The balance of the registration fee can be applied towards a future course. Contact the Program Administrator to withdraw from a course.
Every participant must complete the proper registration form below and submit it with payment. This is an online registration form, but you will be given a choice of paying with a credit card (Visa, Master Card or Discover) or mailing a check. There is a $25.00 fee for returned checks. A $10.00 administrative fee is charged for refunds.
ATEEG Registration September 12-14, 2014 - Core Course 3 No registrations can be accepted after September 2, 2014.
ATEEG Registration January 23-25, 2015 - Core Course 2 No registrations can be accepted after January 13, 2015.
ATEEG Registration February 27- March 1, 2015 - Core Course 3 No registrations can be accepted after February 17, 2015.